Surname / First name Giacomini Lorenza
Position Postdoctoral Researcher at Geosciences Department, University of Padova
-geological interpretation of planetary surface
-geological mapping of planetary surface including Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and 3D rendering applications
-study volcanic expressions on planetary bodies, with a particular interest for the inflation features
-dating of planetary surfaces through crater counting methodology
-investigation of upper-crustal layering of planetary bodies through crater counting methodology
-dating of the planetary tectonic structures
- November 2014- present day: Post-Doctoral Research at Geosciences Department, University of Padua, studying the interaction between volcanism e tectonics on Mercury
- November 2012- October 2014: Post-Doctoral Research at C.I.S.A.S., University of Padua, studying the geology of minor bodies
- April 2010-March 2012: Post-Doctoral Research at Geosciences Department, University of Padua, studying the geology of the Mercury surface
- April 2010: PhD (Doctor Europaeus) in Earth Sciences, University of Padua working on the geological mapping and analysis of Daedalia Planum lava field (Mars)
- December 2005: Degree in Geological Sciences, University of Padua. Thesis title: Possible volcanic features on Mercury: detection and analysis of terrestrial and lunar analogues
- Science team member of the OSIRIS (Camera of the Rosetta Mission) leaded by Dr Holger Sierks
- Science team member of the STC (Stereo Camera of the Bepi-Colombo mission) leaded by Dr Gabriele Cremonese (Co-PI of the integrated SIMBIO-SYS instrument)
- Visiting Scientist at ESTEC (European Space Agency), Noordwijk, The Netherlands. From 16 July to 16 August 2012.
- Partecipation to 37th COSPAR Scientific Assembly, Montreal, Canada, as “ESA Sponsored Student”, July, 2008.
Accademic Experience/Teaching and Outreach
- ESTEC (European Space Agency), Noordwijk (The Netherlands). Hermean basin age and layering through crater counts. Dr Johannes Benkhoff, July-August 2012
- Institut für Planetologie, University of Munster (Germany). Crater counts of the Apollo landing sites for the recalibration of the Model and the Neukum Production Function. Prof. Harald Hiesinger, July 2011.
- The Open University (UK). Study of the Mercury surface. Dr David Rothery. April-July 2009.
- Jet Propulsion Laboratory (USA). Study of the effusion rate on the Martian inflated lava flows. Dr Susan Smrekar, May-June 2008.
- Geomorphometry course, CIRGEO, Padova, Italy, 2013
- Photogrammetry course, Dipartimento di Geoscienze, Padova, Italy, 2009
- Advanced ArcGIS course, Dipartimento di Geoscienze, Padova, Italy, 2008.
- OMEGA-HRSC Data Workshop, Washington University, St.Louis, Missouri, 2008.
- Introduction to IDL, Astronomical Observatory of Padova, Italy, 2008
List of Publications and Conference Proceedings