Surname / First name Pozzobon Riccardo
Position Postdoctoral Researcher at INAF-Osservatorio di Padova
Martian geology, planetary surface dynamics, structural geology.
- 2012-2015 PhD student at International Research School of Planetary Sciences – Università D’Annunzio, Chieti-Pescara
- 2008-2010 Master Degree in Geology and Applied Geology – University of Padova, Italy
- 2004-2008 Bachelor Degree in Geology – University of Padova, Italy
- LPSC conference, Houston, March 2013 “Fractal analysis and possible fluid source depth in crater mounds, Arabia Terra (Mars)”
- AGU Fall Meeting, December 2013, San Francisco “Genesis and fluid source in Arrabia Terra Crater Mounds: mapping, Fractal Analysis and Impact Simulations”
- 2011 Grant Fellowship at INAF-Osservatorio di Padova
- June 2008 – July 2008 Bayerisches Geoinstitut, University of Bayreuth, Germany Bayreuth Area, Germany“Synthesis of high-pressure minerals for single-crystal diffraction, using multi-anvil press. Use of SEM for imaging and composition detection of the obtained samples
Accademic Experience/Teaching and Outreach
- Lecture about stress fields below Martian volcanoes and FEM modeling, fractal analysis of vents spatial distribution and relationship with the magma source depth
- Guest PHD at Jacobs University Bremen. June 2014 (1 month), Bremen, Germany. Science teamwork on Arabia Terra craters
- Guest PHD at Jacobs University Bremen. October 2013 – November 2013 (2 months) Bremen, Germany. Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter Massive data processing and mosaicking with the computing cluster Black Pearl. Contribution to PlanetServer.eu providing high-resolution CTX mosaics.Science teamwork.
- Guest PHD, Lecturer at University of Muenster. June 2013, Muenster, Germany
- Guest PHD at Jacobs University Bremen. June 2013 (1 month), Bremen, Germany. Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter massive data processing and DEM generation with the computing cluster Black Pearl