Surname / First name Simioni Emanuele
Position Postdoctoral Researcher at CNR-IFN National Institute of Photonics
Research activities in the imaging and 3d models field: image analysis and processing, passive 3d reconstruction techniques (stereo, silhouette, shading based) for generation of 3D models and geometrical imaging methods for the astronomic applications. Experience in 3D stereo reconstruction methods applied in polyhedral fields. Experience in working with close range photogrammetry and active close range reconstruction method. Competence in programming and development of science analysis oriented toolboxes based on different programming language (Matlab, IDL, C,C++,Java, Amos, Pascal, Fortran, Assembly, Gauss). Interest in few data under-bounded problems not solvable with classical approaches.
- 2007-2010 Phd Student in Astronautics and Satellite Science (ASS) at the Interdepartmental Center Space Studies and Activities(CISAS) “G.Colombo”, Padova.
1999-2004 MSC Degree in Telecommunications Engineering at Department of Electronic and Informatics of the University of Padua, Italy
- ESA ICSO “Indoor calibration for stereoscopic camera STC, a new method” Tenerife, Spain, October 2014
- IEEE International Workshop on Metrology for Aerospace “Stereo Camera for satellite application A new testing method” ,Benevento, Italy, June 4-5 2014
- Space Telescopes and Instrumentation 2014 “Preliminary LSF and MTF determination for the stereo camera of the BepiColombo mission”, Montréal, Quebec, Canada June 22, 2014
- Digital Specimen 2014. Berlin, Germany, September 7-12 2014
- ISPRS, Technical Commission V Symposium, Riva del Garda (VR), Italy, 22-25 June 2014
- The Rosetta “2867-Steins” Flyby and Asteroid Shape Modelling, Notte del Ricercatore, Padova 2012
- Osisris Steins meeting Rosetta mission “Steins 3d reconstruction based on shape from silouette”(Lindau Hannover) 2007
- Steins scientific meeting Rosetta mission, “Shape from silhouette, pointing correction”, RingBerg Castle , Munchen
- Symbiosys progress meeting, BepiColombo Mission “Stereo approach for STC stereo Channel” (Paris Medoun Observatory)
- WAVES, International Oceanografic Congress Madrid, Spain, 2007
- Member of BepiColombo Team (SIMBIO-SYS) Actually involved in the optical and stereo calibration of the STC Stereo Channel: instrument on board BepiColombo satellite (ESA Cornerstone) under the supervision of V. Da Deppo.
- Involved in Rosetta Team (OSIRIS) Collaboration under the supervision of V.Da Deppo and G.Cremonese in the data analysis for mission Rosetta. In particular involved in the plane for geomorphological analisys of CG67P Comet using images from WAC (Wide Angle Camera) and NAC (Narrow Angle Camera).
- Member of BepiColombo Team (SIMBIO-SYS) Involved in the definition of the stereo calibration set-up of the STC Stereo Channel: instrument on board BepiColombo satellite (ESA Cornerstone) under the supervision of G.Naletto.
- Assitent of Rosetta Team (OSIRIS) Collaboration under the supervision of Prof. G. Naletto and G.Cremonese in the data analysis for mission Rosetta. In particular involved in the plane for geophysical measurements and 3d reconstruction for Steins asteroid flybys using images from WAC (Wide Angle Camera.
- Consultant for (3DEveryWhere) Under the supervision of Prof. G.M. Cortellazzo (Department of Information Engineering ) development of 3d reconstruction methods in: medical field (study of botulin half life and esthetics and bedsore healing), industry field (automatic control services for production line), sports field (football statistics), cultural heritage field (spectroscopy reconstruction of Cappella Scrovegni and Panoramics for Venice Architecture Biennal), face 3d recognition, sea surface reconstruction for Mose (Venice) valitation.
- Consultant for PROTECNO SpA Computer programmer and researcher, evolving 3d software for the light-house sea-surface reconstruction (Department of Hydraulics Engineering ).
- State exam for the habilitation as Civil and Environmental Engineer in 2010
- VE-NICE Internos Intern Venice: Computer tecnichian.
Accademic Experience/Teaching and Outreach
- Public outreach: “ Viaggio in 3D tra i pianeti e la cometa” with Cristina Re. 24/10/2014 during the weekly meeting “Tè in orbita” on the occasion of the cicle of events “Rosetta cacciatrice di comete…e altre storie”.
- Public outreach: “STC, ricostruzione 3D da satellite” during the show meeting “Sperimentando”, Padova 2014.
- Outreach: “Stein reconstruction a shape from silhouette based approach” DLR institute, Berlin.
- Visiting Phd student: Working on definition of 3D reconstruction algorithms for planetary surfaces, at the Planetary Research Institute of the German Aerospace Centre (DLR). 2008-2010
- Lessons of 3D reconstruction from images at Geological Department, Padova University A.A. 2013-2014;
- Correlator of Master thesis of Mocellin M. Shape from silhouette reconstruction and self-calibration in X-ray Applications” Relator: Poletto.
- Correlator of the Master thesis of Vazzola A. “On-fly WAC calibration, flyby analysis and 3D reconstruction of asteroid Steins” – Performance analysis of correlation image algorithm for the planetary DTM generation.– Relator: Prof. G.Naletto – Università degli Studi di Padova – A.A. 2010-2011
- Master in Applied Optics Tecnichs of Computer Graphics DEI Padova 2009-2010
- HRSC & OMEGA (ESAC). Mars-Express mission Villafranca del Castillo (Madrid, Spain) Summer School.
- ENVI (Padova). Course for the application of ENVI to stereo-images.
- Visiting student: Working on definition of 3D reconstruction algorithms for sea-surfaces at Institute of Oceanography, Hamburg under supervision of Susan Lerner, 2004
- Master in Applied Optics Tecnichs of Computer Graphics DEI Padova 2008-2009